I’m a huge MICHAELS® store fan. I do a lot of crafts and sewing within the house so I’m always at MICHAELS® several times a months and the store is so close to me its less than half an hour drive. When I heard about the new store opening in Brooklyn Center it was a double wowza 🙂 to me because my kids daycare is in Brooklyn Center, Minneapolis.
I will be at the grand opening with my 2 daughters on Saturday May 17th. They’re so excited to participate in the kids club and classes. My ears are literally popping out with their daily reminders. 🙂
I hope to see you all on Saturday.
NEW MICHAELS® STORE COMING TO BROOKLYN CENTER IN MAY
Grand opening festivities include more than $1,500 in giveaways
(BROOKLYN CENTER, Minn.) Michaels, North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, announces the grand opening of its new Brooklyn Center store, featuring an inspiring new design, located at 1300 Shingle Creek Crossing in the Shingle Creek Crossing shopping center on May 17. The new store replaces a former location at 203 Willow Bend.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 9:45 a.m. and doors open at 10 a.m. Michaels will be giving away more than $1,500 in gift cards and prizes throughout the day. In addition, customers can win items for the whole family from the plinko prize board, which includes jewelry, art supplies, stickers and more. On Saturdays kids can explore their creativity with $2 Kids Club crafting events that continue all year long.
“We hope everyone will come out to help us celebrate during our grand opening festivities on Sunday,” said District Manager Lawrence McNutt. “Our new store features thousands of products that will inspire every crafter at any level from beginner to expert, plus classes for our customers to learn new skills.”
The store features an open design with wider aisles, warm colors and brighter lighting. Key departments are expanded and re-organized for easy shopping:
- Home decor and floral offers wall art, tabletop decor, dried and silk floral for DIY or custom arrangements as well as vases, candles, decorative storage boxes and seasonal items.
- The scrapbooking and paper crafts department features more than 3,000 styles of stickers and embellishments, plus loose paper, card stock, “bling” and a vast assortment of tools for cutting, cropping, edging and stamping.
- The jewelry department has thousands of different styles of pre-strung and packaged beads, along with specialty findings, pendants, charms, tools and organizers.
- The kids and tweens department inspires creativity through a vast selection of craft supplies and activity kits, plus everything needed for creating A+ school projects.
- The art supplies area includes an expanded canvas selection and fine art papers with more shapes and larger sizes, more than 230 brushes and a broad selection of acrylic, oil and watercolor paints, drawing pencils, pastels and easels.
- Custom framing features an open-style work area that encourages a hands-on design experience, with expert framers to help select mats and mouldings for all styles and budgets.
- Get fresh inspiration while mastering new skills with Michaels’ variety of classes. Cake classes cover basic design as well as advanced techniques for fondant and gum paste. Crafters can put their spin on the latest jewelry trends with jewelry making classes working with a variety of styles and techniques. Paper crafting classes show how to make cards, banners and even wreaths like a pro. New yarn classes run the gamut from simple arm-knit scarves to intricate crocheted animals.
The new store will be approximately 21,360 square feet and will employ more than 60 people.
About The Michaels Companies, Inc.
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America’s largest specialty retailer of arts and crafts. As of Jan. 3, 2015, the Company owns and operates 1,168 Michaels stores in 49 states and Canada and 121 Aaron Brothers stores, and produces 12 exclusive private brands including Recollections®, Studio Decor®, Bead Landing®, Creatology®, Ashland®, Celebrate It®, ArtMinds®, Artist’s Loft®, Craft Smart®, Loops & Threads®, Imagin8® and Make Market™. Visit www.Michaels.com for additional information.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today