This tutorial will guide you through how to turn your old denim pants into maxi skirt With the inspiration from the True Religion Denim Skirt Photo above. link Here
2 Denim Pants, Scissors, Pins, Chalk, Sewing Machine, and Thread.
1. Pick 2 old Denim Pants and choose one of them as the main fabric just like I did above.
2. Fold up one, to be used later.
3. Lay flat the main denim and cut along the seam as near as possible.
4. You will need a really good pair of scissors because denim is heavy. When you get to the crotch area . Slowly cut along it.
5. When done, come back to the crotch area and cut 2” from the intersection of the crotch and leg.
6. Do the same to the back side but cut 2 and 1/2 “ at the back.
7. Pick up your second pant. Cut it just the same way you did the first pant but cut the legs off right under the pocket all the way to the back pocket.
8. Lay the first pant flat on the table and put one cutout leg from the 2nd pant under the first pant like the photo above.
9. Align the bottom of the pants so that both pants are equal in length.
10. Pin along both sides. Make sure the fabric at the crotch area overlaps each other.
11. Here is the back side of the pant with the crotch area overlapped.
12. You can chalk- mark to easily guide you when sewing.
Sew all around and watch out not to sew the back leg with it.
You can stitch using the color of the jeans thread and make sure you use the heavy duty needle for denim and leather.
13. Start your stitch from the leg to the crotch.
14. When you get to the crotch, sew along the stitch up to 3” to the zipper and turn it back sewing to the crotch and continue sewing along the other leg.
15. Cut out the excess fabric of the denim from the wrong side of the jeans.
Repeat step 7 to step 12 and cut out 1 and ½ inch of excess fabric from the back crotch.
Here is the finished front of the skirt.
Here is the finished back of the skirt.
If you don’t mind, we’ll like to see your finished photo to share with the fans.
Like my facebook page and upload the beautiful photo. 🙂
Thanks For Stopping By