Happy New month Beautiful people. I’ve been off the blog for a very long time so ” I’m Baaacckk” I’ve been so busy with different projects here and there. Finally I’ve had time to sew and take some photos too.
I made this shift dress 2 months ago using McCalls 7020 as a guide. I used view D.
I have used this pattern before for a hooded Tunic Here
— The pattern instruction have you cut 2 pieces for both back and front bodice. I cut both of mine on fold.
— I wanted much room so I cut a size bigger.
— For a little off shoulder, I lowered the front and back pattern bodice neck by 2″.
— I opened up the armhole by adding half inch to the armhole and 1″ to the sleeves biceps. The last time I used the pattern it was a bit too tight for my biceps.
— I also added 1″ to the length of the dress.
— I serged the neck edge, folded it half inch and sew it round.
2. I added pocket to each sides.
I was able to put this dress together within an hour and half. It was very simple.
I got this knit fabric in one of my scrap hunting at SR Harris Brooklyn park. You will be surprised at the amazing beautiful fabrics in their big scrap box. $2 /yrd isn’t bad at all.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Here are some shift dresses on SALE!!