Hi Everyone, hope you all had a very nice week. It’s been soooo humid here in Minneapolis and all I just want to do is sit at home put the A/C on and eat Fufu and Okra soup (Fufu – a traditional African food made with cassava tubers. Okra soup – blended okra mixed with tomatoes, bell pepper and jalapeno puree) yum 🙂
I made this outfit some weeks ago but couldn’t upload the photos because I misplaced the media card. My 5yrs old finally found it in one of my handbags :). She literally took her time checking each and every bags with all the pockets and zipper etc. I pray that I’m able to still use her for the same task in another 2 to 3 yrs. My older daughter (10yrs) doesn’t have that kind of patience anymore. Kids, they grow so fast.
I used NewLook 6196 which has both the top and pant in the pattern.
The Top is an African print fabric known as Ankara and it’s so unique because African prints are known for their colors and many different floras but this is just a monochrome of black and white and I like it. I think I bought 10yrds of it 🙂
I used the same fabric here for a box pleat short maxi skirt.
Pattern Review: New Look 6196
- Pattern Description: NewLook 6196 Misses Tops and Pants View A and E
- Fabric Used: African Print Cotton / Wax blend Fabric ( Ankara) for the Top and Cotton/Polyester for the Pant.
- Pattern Size: I used 10/12
- Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I think so
- Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were easy to follow.
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? The pattern is simple and it has different varieties for the top.
- Pattern alterations or any design changes you made? I shorten the pant and made it three quarter. I added extra .75″ to the sleeves.
- Would you sew it again? Yes I will sew it again but I will be using knit and also will reduce the gathers in front if I will be using a woven fabric. It makes my bust looks fuller than I am.
- Would you recommend it to others? Yes it’s an easy task.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today
Xoxo — BiKé